Acest site s-a nascut din dorinta si dor; dorinta de a fi de folos si dorul dupa oamenii cu care impartasim comuniunea de limba si credinta. Va invit sa treceti dincolo de aceasta prima pagina introductiva si sa descoperiti pe site o seama de materiale pe care vi le punem la dispozitie.

Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2012

I don't know how to say exactly how I feel And I can't begin to tell you what your love has meant

Desert Thirst


See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland...I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise. (Isaiah 43:19-21)

Have you ever been in a real desert or even just a hot dry place? If you have maybe you've noticed a few things about these desert places. Being in the desert leads to dryness which in turn leads to a new level of seeking water. One becomes so thirsty they may even start to dream of water; one would do anything for a drink. The greater the thirst the more precious water becomes. This brings to mind the panting deer of Psalm 42.

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. Where can I go and meet with God? (Psalm 42:1-2)

Have you ever been this thirsty for the living God? Have you ever sought the living God with the same intensity as the panting deer seeks the streams? Have you ever sought the living water with the same intensity as one in a hot dry desert would seek a cool refreshing drink? How would you go about doing this seeking? Looking more closely at Psalm 42 & 43, the psalmist answers this question. Both Psalms end with this thought: ...Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God (Psalm 42:11, Psalm 43:5).

Praise!! Praise is also present in the Isaiah 43 verse, in the desert. Have you ever praised the living God with a desert thirst like intensity? Have you ever just 'poured out' your love on the Savior? The following song expresses this idea.

Pour My Love On You
Dan Dean & Gary Sadler
© 2001 Ariose Music

I don't know how to say exactly how I feel
And I can't begin to tell you
what your love has meant

I'm lost for words
Is there a way to show the passion in my heart
Can I express how truly great I think you are
You're my dearest friend
Lord this is my desire to pour my love on you

CHORUS:
Like oil upon your feet
Like wine for you to drink
Life water from my heart
I pour my love on you

With praises like the perfume
I lavish mine on you Till every drop is gone
I pour my love on you
Is there a way to show the passion in my heart
Can I express how truly great I think you are,
My dearest friend
Lord this is my desire to pour my love on you

As we start to pour out our love, the Lord will meet us. The Lord will guide, He will guide to the place where He dwells, to the streams of living water.

Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell. Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the harp, O God, my God. (Psalm 43:3-4)

The above song - the idea of pouring out my love on the Lord, reminded me of Jesus being anointed with oil (Mark 14:1-10). This beautiful image of Jesus being anointed with oil - the oil of our praise, it dripping down His hair, His beard, shining on His face. This is how it could be if we pour out our love on Him through our worship, our singing/praise. Remember what Jesus said of the woman who anointed Him; She has done a beautiful thing to me (Mark 14:6).

If only we could anoint Him through our praise like that! Notice the intensity with which this woman anointed Jesus - the oil was more than a year's wages. This is the same intensity found in seeking water in the desert - the wasteland, where one has extreme thirst. This is where the Lord provides living water - drink for His people.

Could it be that the more we thirst and seek Him through love, the more the living water flows? The more we pour our love on the Lord Jesus, the more clearly we hear His voice. The more we pour our love on the Lord Jesus, the more closely we can follow. The more we pour our love on the Lord Jesus, the deeper we can drink and be refreshed. The more we pour our love on the Lord Jesus, the more we feel the love of Jesus being poured back on us.

It's a two way thing, like most relationships. It's here in this spot, a spot that we've arrived at through a desert thirst, after Jesus pours His love back on to us, it's here that we'll be transformed by His love and a new thing will spring up!

So let's remember this desert thirst. Let's put our hope in the Lord and seek Him like a panting deer seeks the stream. As we pour out our love on Him through praise, let Him guide us to the living water. Let Him refresh us with a long deep drink. Listen for His voice and look for the 'new thing' He is doing. Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? Listen for the call of your name on His lips.

But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. (Isaiah 43:1)

Thank You Lord that through Your Son Jesus Christ we become Yours, You call us by name. Lord, give each of us a desert like thirst for You. Help each of us 'pour out our love on You', hear Your call and obey. Help us each always to put our hope in the Lord Jesus Christ that we will yet praise Him, our Savior and our God.

I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me. (Proverbs 8:17)

I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psalm 18:1-2)

...No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him... (1 Corinthians 2:9)

Jesus replied, If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. (John 14:23)

Leave a comment and / or appreciate the article!




CLICK HERE to read more:» http://www.radio-elshaday.de/

CLICK HERE to read more:» http://www.radio-megapower.de/

CLICK HERE to read more:» http://christliche-radiosender.blogspot.com/

CLICK HERE to read more:» http://radiomegapower-nonstop.blogspot.de/


Posted by: Daniel Ioan Notar *DJ_DANY*

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen