Acest site s-a nascut din dorinta si dor; dorinta de a fi de folos si dorul dupa oamenii cu care impartasim comuniunea de limba si credinta. Va invit sa treceti dincolo de aceasta prima pagina introductiva si sa descoperiti pe site o seama de materiale pe care vi le punem la dispozitie.

Samstag, 13. Oktober 2012

The Benefits of God's Word in Marriage

The Benefits of God's Word in Marriage


Have you ever held a seed in your hand?
Seeds vary in size, color, texture, and shape, yet they all serve the same purpose: to produce life. That life blossoms into fruit, which continues to be a blessing.
God’s Word is like a seed. Although it is alive and active, there is no fruit produced from it until it is planted. Once God’s Word is planted in your heart, then good fruit will be produced. Planting God’s Word in your heart requires time, energy, and intentionality. The benefit is life-producing fruit that will bless!
Once God’s Word is planted in your heart, then good fruit will be produced.
There have been many seasons in my life when I struggled to plant God’s Word in my heart. I found parts of His Word difficult to understand, and I was too distracted to dedicate time to meditating on it.
In the last two years, my husband and I have realized the power of planting God’s Word in our hearts. We have witnessed the good fruit it produces in our character, and we have seen the benefits of God’s Word in marriage!
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the Church and gave Himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the Word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.  — Ephesians 5:25-27
One benefit of God’s Word in marriage is that it positively affects my attitude. It is as if the wisdom in Proverbs gives me perspective for the circumstances that I am facing and helps me experience joy instead of complaint. With a more positive attitude, I am better at communicating with my husband — less likely to lash out in anger or frustration toward him.
Another benefit of God’s Word in marriage is that my husband and I are both challenged to love like Christ, unselfishly and sacrificially. Without the reminders found in Scripture of the example Christ left for us, we cannot possibly love each other with that kind of humble heart. The Word revives us and inspires us to love above and beyond what the world defines as love.
Learning and growing in God’s Word together unites us in the power and presence of God.
One last benefit I would love to share with you is that God’s Word in marriage is unifying. Some of the most precious memories my husband and I have made with each other have been when we sat in a quiet place and read God’s Word aloud. After a few Scriptures we would talk about what stood out to us or how we could apply it to better our relationship. Learning and growing in God’s Word together unites us in the power and presence of God.
Learning and growing in God’s Word together unites us in the power and presence of God.
There are so many more benefits of God’s Word in marriage, but I hope that these three encourage you to be more intentional about planting it in your heart if you are not already doing so. I have challenged myself to keep a journal as I read God’s Word, recording the date, the verses I studied, and the number of consecutive days I have read God’s Word. As of today, I have been in God’s Word for 42 days . . . and counting!
What are some other benefits of God’s Word in marriage that you have experienced?


http://christliche-radiosender.blogspot.com/
http://radiomegapower-nonstop.blogspot.de/

http://www.facebook.com/megapower1976

 https://www.facebook.com/megapower1976?ref=tn_tnmn#!/RadioVoceaEvanghelieiGermania
https://twitter.com/MegaPowerDany 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen