Acest site s-a nascut din dorinta si dor; dorinta de a fi de folos si dorul dupa oamenii cu care impartasim comuniunea de limba si credinta. Va invit sa treceti dincolo de aceasta prima pagina introductiva si sa descoperiti pe site o seama de materiale pe care vi le punem la dispozitie.

Sonntag, 14. Oktober 2012

What Happens To The Books? by Bindings: Reflections on Faith, Life, and Good Books

What Happens To The Books?

by Bindings: Reflections on Faith, Life, and Good Books
Recently, my friend Lisa and I were comparing notes on our creative endeavors. My friend has recorded two CDs of compelling worship music. I have three published biblical fiction novels and a fourth in process of being published. Both of us strongly believe that these are God-directed projects. Both of us pushed to get these done in a timely fashion and believed that we would see great things. Both of us have had excellent feedback from those who have listened to/read our work but have been disappointed that the books/CDs have not sold on a larger scale.
What’s going on?
I have a two-part theory.
First, I believe that when God tells you to do something, do it right away. This isn’t only because “slow obedience is no obedience” (to borrow a lesson my son learned in first grade), but rather because if we were to wait six months, one year, five years, ten years to finally write that book or record that CD or paint that picture, it wouldn’t be the same final product. We’re constantly changing (along with our circumstances) and that affects our creative output. If I had stalled when God told me to write Polished Arrows, I would at best have had a different book and at worst entirely missed the anointing God planned.
Second, I’m wondering who our audience really is. Several years ago I had a most compelling dream: I was in heaven walking around a library inside a spectacular mansion. Bookcases made of mahogany stretched from the plush carpeted floors up to the lofty, intricately carved ceiling. I remember being delighted. Yes, reading! I thought. Suddenly, Yeshua appeared and led me over to a shelf whereupon he pulled out some books. I gasped when I realized they were mine.
Could it be that the work we produce that’s God-breathed will be available in the Millenium? In heaven? Could it be that while we’re fussing over numbers in this present age God has something incredible planned well beyond earthy success? Beyond financial remuneration and applause? Beyond anything we can imagine?
My prayer is that we reach as many people as possible for God through the various media outlets. Our goal is not necessarily to be on The New York Times Bestseller’s List but to see changed hearts and lives. We may be preaching to a wider audience than we ever dreamed possible.

http://christliche-radiosender.blogspot.com/
http://radiomegapower-nonstop.blogspot.de/
https://twitter.com/MegaPowerDany 
http://www.facebook.com/megapower1976

marzipandaniele@yahoo.de

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen